Monday, November 12, 2012

The MORE Love I pour into others the more I experience in MY own life

I really am enjoying the book, "Unglued." This is the second time that I have quoted a few of thoughts that are addressed in the book.

I. Biblical procure manual for us all to follow:

  1. Remember who we are(one of my favorite sayings)
  2. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
  3. Stay in the flow-my job is obedience in God's Plan for me only
  4. Shift from an attitude to gratitude
  5. My reactions determine my reach.
- The one I want to dig in deeper with is number two. 
The author tells us a story about how when she comes into stressful situations she tries to just focus on Jesus. 

She quotes 2 Chronicles 20:12, the Story of King Jehoshaphat.
"For we have no power to face his vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you.

The author tells of a story where a women in her congregation had just learned her two grandchildren were killed in a fire. This woman fell to the ground and balled and the only thing Lysa the author could do, was pray for her. She noticed every time the word Jesus was said in the prayer, the woman would relax a bit. And how each time the name was said they felt an outpouring of power beyond what they were capable of mustering up on their own. She further talks about how on a daily basis when times are stressful she literally will just say his name out loud over and over and peace will take over her.

So I have decided to try this out. How better to help myself staying focused on our Brother. He is really the one that knows exactly how we are feeling since he felt it himself for us.

II. Are there situations or relationships that feed my insecurities?
Gosh, I really want to befriend everyone. I have run into a situation or two where I have to ask myself (which the author defines simple) does the situation or relationship bring me honor, encouragement and love?

If not...it is ok to walk away. In the end either party will only hurt each other more. If we strive to focus on God's approval only, we will continually stay grounded thereby keeping a sense of peace and happiness within.

No comments:

Post a Comment