Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My mischievous Father

As soon as my Father recognized his hometown landmarks, memories started to resurface. I thought to myself, who is this guy?

My Father and I have taken a trip to his hometown, Cleveland, Ohio. This trip will be his last trip to see family and one of my few opportunities to gain as much genealogy, recipes and whatever I can lean about our past heritage.  Well first let me say, the weather is awesome compared to Houston's 90 degrees. Here it is in the low 80's and nights in the 60's, wow, I love it!

The House My Father Grew Up In
Its funny to hear stories about my Father when he was young. I mean why now did he choose to voice these stories. I felt like I never knew him really until now. I am so happy to be able to share these moments with him.

Story number 1-
The restaurant was painted and named differently now but the original restaurant was called The Red Barn, where my Father use to manager. I never knew my father was a fast food restaurant manger. He showed my out back where he use to shoot illegally rifle guns outback. He even told me one time that people called the cops on them and they had to hide the guns. How funny!

Story 2 -
We passed another restaurant where he told me he use to skip his morning class (stagecraft) and meet up with friends to drink coffee and smoke cigarettes. This story is really funny because both Julie and I have taken tech theater which is a stagecraft class. I skipped class a lot before and after while she slept through the class. I think its so funny how none of really payed attention, I guess it runs in the family. I guess  I know where it runs in the family from :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to know I'm not alone regarding family stories. There are things about my mother's family I never knew until after she passed away and my grandparents NEVER shared stories about their past except once when I was a little girl and my grandmother shared a story about when she was little. Thank goodness one of my cousins taped interviews with a cousin so we could learn more about our families.

    ReplyDelete