Friday, July 27, 2012

...every day you put off your life makes you less capable of living it.

"Happiness takes as much patience as unhappiness does. It's by living that you live more. By waiting you wait more. Every waiting day makes your life a little less. Every lonely day makes you a little smaller. Every day you put off your life makes you less capable of living it." (Sisterhood Everlasting, p277)

When I read this passage the other day, I took a moment to ponder its profound meaning. Yes, we know happiness is a choice, and we also know that it is something that we must truly seek out. Even our prophet has advised us to find, "joy in our journey."

As, I reflect on my ow life. I realize the times I had the most happiness was when I surrounded myself with positive uplifting people and I made a decision to make the best of my situation at hand. So how can I improve my outlook now, that is the question, I keep thinking to myself.

I don't think my life is bad. I am really grateful to be where I am at. I would not change it. I even left for a weekend and new home right now is in Houston. So then what, maybe I just need to surround myself with people that uplift me more often. So, my new goal is to make opportunities and have plans in place to be able to visit and enjoy those few moments I get with those who cross my path in a positive way.

I will try to come back to this....to see how well I am fairing because there's nothing better then getting your check mark from God because he knows you did all you could with what he gave you, right before he takes you to another step in life to tackle.



No comments:

Post a Comment