Monday, July 30, 2012

Jesus really loves children

Today, was a great day!  I was able to see my beautiful, smart, sweet and loving niece and give her tons of kisses. I do not get to see her that much now that my little sister got married two months ago.


It is funny how you get so attached, I have definitely learned how satisfying one becomes when nurturing and caring for children. I have been very blessed to have a calling at church as a counselor in Primary and then having the opportunity to help care for my niece the last seven months. How lucky are we that God has trusted us with his greatest and most precious gift.

I read a book in cracker barrel (one of my favorite restaurants, especially when I travel)a few years back,  called "Heaven is for Real".  The book is about a boy named, Colton who becomes deathly sick and has the opportunity to see things beyond the veil. The book is about images that he remembers during his journey his earth family and his family on the other side. One point in particular that has really stood our for me is how he stresses, the simple message that heaven is a real place,  and my favorite that "Jesus really loves children." Throughout several chapters, Colton reminds us that Jesus loves children. I think the message is simple but very profound. We all need to stop, and enjoy his wonderful children all around us.

Child Like Forgiveness: my goal
I would like to share a story about my niece Sasha, and how we can learn so much from these innocent spirits. She taught me a huge lesson earlier this year about love and forgiveness. There was coral between her and a family member I was mad at the family member for having a coral with her and she was upset too. After about five minutes (during this time I was saying not nice things about the family member in my head), she hugged the family member and said "I love." Lucky, I still had my sunglasses on so no tears could be seen. All I could think about was how amazed at the love and Christlike qualities she possessed and how I let the adversary win. From that moment on, I decided to forgive quickly and try to love as a child would illuminate.





No comments:

Post a Comment