Saturday, October 27, 2012

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film

Last night I watched the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. What a fantastic movie on many levels. I especially love the quotes on life and how true they are to life. Here is the movie trailer. Who doesn't enjoy a movie with Judi Dench?



The movie is about British retirees traveling to India to take up residence in what they believe is a newly restored hotel. Less luxurious than its advertisements, the Marigold Hotel nevertheless slowly begins to charm in unexpected ways. The paths the characters take on can be lessons for ourselves to follow. The movie was fun, witty, hilarious and it got  to your heart as well.

Here are some of the one liner quotes:
  • “The only real failure is the failure to try. The measure of success is how we cope with disappointment.”
  • “When someone dies, you think about your own life. And I don't want to grow older. I don't want to be condescended to. To become marginalized and ignored by society. I don't want to be the first person they let off the plane in a hostage crisis. .”
  • “Is it our friend we are grieving for, whose life we knew so little? Or is it our own loss that we are mourning? Have we traveled far enough that we can allow our tears to fall?”
  • “People here see life as a privilege not a right.”
  • “Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, it is not the end.”
I loved this movie and I hope I have encouraged you enough to view it too. 

1 comment: