Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Personal Mission - Part II

The next part for your patriarchal study is to define keywords in your blessing. I really wasn't sure about this step but truly it does change the meaning.

When driving to get set items for my relief society activity, that still small voice whispered to me an answer to my question on my patriarchal blessing I have had for twenty years. How cool was it to finally get the answer and to be able to see that I was accomplishing parts of my blessing without even knowing it. Studying my blessing has defiantly increased my testimony of how it is a guide for me and how the blessings that are entailed to us do take place, especially when we are fulfilling God's specific mission for us in the best way possible.

Here are the directions for part II:

(page 7)
My Father’s Meaning For Me:
Find keywords in your patriarchal blessing and look up the meaning in the dictionary, gospel doctrine. If possible, check the Hebrew meaning ( this is what can really change the meaning.

Here is an example to highlight the above step:For example, the word 'delight' and phrase 'to be a source of delight' appears in my blessing. For years I assumed that it meant to bring pleasure or enjoyment to those around me. As a result I continued to do everything I could to make others happy and to please them. By today's standards that is exactly what 'delight' means. But that is not what the Lord meant for me to do, or be.

When I sincerely studied this, I found, that being 'a delight' was to be a source of joy. Meaning, I didn't have to measure myself by how happy those around me are, because others happiness is dependant upon them taking joy, [in this case] in who I am. This inspiration was confirmed to me at the time as what the Lord meant, and the whole experience became a defining moment for me. It liberated me from the responsibility of trying to be everything to everyone. If what I 'delight in' isn't what makes others happy, it is no-longer my focus. So I am free to turn my energies to other spiritually productive pursuits.


So even though you think you know what a word or phrase means, I ask, my Father, if that is what he meant? After all, his thoughts are not our thoughts.

Once you have done this exercise, you may then choose to plan how you will bring the blessings that are to be yours, about. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment